WE LOVE TENNIS <3
Carlos Alcaraz is a rising talent in the tennis world and he took the rankings by storm in 2020 and 2021. He sits now in the No. 32 spot in the ATP rankings. How did he do that?
Who is Carlos Alcaraz ?
Carlos Alcaraz Garfia is a Spanish professional tennis player born 5 May 2003 in the village of El Palmar, Murcia.
|Age||17 (born 2003)|
|Height||6′ 1″ (1.85 m)|
|Coach||Juan Carlos Ferrero|
He turned pro at the age of 18 and made his ATP main-draw debut in February 2020 at the Rio Open.
2021 was the breakthrough year of Carlos Alcaraz when he would become a first-time Grand Slam quarterfinalist at the US Open. This is a big achievement for an 18 years old player, and he became the youngest man in a Grand Slam fourth round since 17-year-old Andrei Medvedev at the 1992 French Open.
In the same year, he won the next-gen ATP finals beating another rising star, American Sebastian Korda.
Carlos Alcaraz is an amazing talent and has already achieved three big wins over a Top 10 player.
- He beat World No. 3 Stefanos Tsitsipas in US Open
- He beat World No. 7 Matteo Berretini in Vienna
- He beat World No. 10 Jannik Sinner in Paris Masters.
Carlos is regarded by specialists as one of the most promising next-gen players and awaited to become a potential World no .1 in the upcoming years.
He was also named ATP Newcomer of the Year in 2020 after jumping from No. 491 to No. 141 in FedEx ATP Rankings.
So, what equipment does this young brilliant man use?
Carlos Alcaraz Racquet
Carlos Alcaraz plays with the Babolat Pure Aero VS tennis racquet.
The Babolat VS is a more control-oriented racquet than the Pure Aero. It is destined for players who need more spin and precision in their game, with a 16×20 strings pattern.
The racquet comes with FSI SPIN technology, which is an open string pattern offering a longer contact with the ball on the impact. The WOOFER SYSTEM provides maximum spin with great feeling and superior control.
Another great feature of the racquet is the vibration dampening incorporated in the racquet. A material called Cortex is integrated in the graphite of the racquet to provide a good feel and a better sound.
Alcaraz game is leaning to the Spanish school of big hitters using loads of spin and precision, especially on a clay court. Overall, the Babolat Pure Aero VS suits his game the best.
|Head size||98in / 632.26cm|
|Length||27in / 68.58cm|
|Unstrung weight||10.8oz / 305g|
|Strung weight||11.3oz / 320g|
|String Tension||50 – 59lbs|
|Balance||6 pts HL|
Carlos Alcaraz Tennis Shoes
Carlos Alcaraz tennis shoes are the Nike Air Zoom Vapor Pro.
Fast professional players with a modern style like Andrey Rublev love and use this model. The Vapor Pro is famous for being lightweight, fast, and stable while allowing easier sliding on hard courts.
- The upper is durable and breathable with an added second layer of solid mesh. It fits well and wraps the feet perfectly.
- The midsole contains the Air Zoom unite technology inside a responsive and absorbent foam under the heels. The shoe is also filled with plenty of cushioning and an extended lateral frame for added stability.
- The outsole is designed to give the modern style players an optimal level of traction allowing them to easily slide on hardcourts.
Carlos Alcaraz Tennis Bag
The bag of choice of Carlos Alcaraz is the Babolat Pure Aero VS 9-Pack Bag.
This bag is the perfect choice for someone playing with the Babolat Pure Aero VS racquet. The cosmetics of the bag are fresh and neat and match the VS racquet.
It is made from 65% of poly, 25% of PU, and 10% of EVA. This composition makes it resistant and durable.
The bag is not too big nor too small, making it a great modern style of easy-to-carry tennis bags.
- Three main compartment holding up to 9 racquets. One is an insulated isothermal compartment to protect the gear from extreme temperatures.
- An exterior vented pocket ideal for shoes or wet clothes.
- A large side accessory pocket for additional items.
- A small molded side accessory pocket for smaller items
- A removable shoe sack is included
- Padded and adjustable straps
- Yellow grab handles in the middle.
Overall, it is a perfect and valuable bag offering comfort and convenience.
Carlos Alcaraz Racquet Strings
The strings used by Carlos Alcaraz are the Babolat RPM Blast Spin Control 17/1.25 strings.
Babolat RPM Blast is a big player in racquet strings. It is a co-poly monofilament used by players looking for massive spin and control.
- The octagonal structure with a high-density co-polyester adds a phenomenal rotation to the ball and brings an exceptional spin.
- It is durable and ideal for heavy hitters who expect string performance over time.
- The RPM Blast provides great control to get accuracy in all your shots and keep the ball the court.
Alcaraz must be satisfied with these strings, ideal for his heavy topspin and control style.
Can You Buy Carlos Alcaraz Gear?
Yes. Alcaraz equipment is available on the majority of offline or online tennis equipment retailers.
If you want to try some of the items with good deals, you might check the table below.
|Babolat Pure Aero VS racquet||$259||SEE PRICE HERE|
|Nike Men’s Air Zoom Vapor Pro shoes||$120||SEE PRICE HERE|
|Babolat Pure Aero VS 9-Pack bag||$110||SEE PRICE HERE|
|Babolat RPM Blast Spin Control 17/1.25 strings||$18||SEE PRICE HERE|
Read Also: Alexander Zverev Tennis Equipment