WE LOVE TENNIS <3
Tommy Paul Tennis Shoes – What Does He Use?
Tommy Paul is a talented American tennis player who won Roland Garros 2015 in his junior days after beating compatriot Taylor Fritz.
In 2021, Paul has improved so much in the rankings entering the Top 30 and he clinched his first ATP title in Stockholm.
On the court, the American retains powerful and deep strokes with pace and spin. In addition, his excellent footwork and speed help him cover the court seamlessly.
What shoes does he wear on the court?
Tommy Paul plays with the New Balance Fresh Foam X Lav V2 tennis shoes.
Tommy Paul Shoe Overview
Many tennis players are starting to shift towards New Balance lines of shoes, such as Cori Gauff and Caroline Garcia.
This model is designed for aggressive players looking for supreme stability and support. Tommy trusts the updated version of the Lav and he seems to enjoy it on the court.
Here are the key features of the NB Fresh Foam X Lav V2:
- The upper features NDure technology, offering durability,
- A synthetic and mesh-fit weave brings flexibility and fresh air to the feet.
- The midsole is made from Fresh FoamX to deliver extra plushness, comfort, and support for the heel and more stability to the forefoot.
- A toe drag tip is located above the toes for durability and resistance against abrasion.
- The heel counter is elevated for greater support to the ankles.
- The NDurance outsole rubber comes with a waved modified tread pattern to ensure controlled traction, especially on hard courts. New Balance backs it with a 6-month durability guarantee.
Pros & Cons
Based on hundreds of reviews from online players and testers, here is what we found.
- Comfortable right out of the box
- Excellent fit
- Correct sizing and no break-in required
- Well-padded, bouncy, and supportive
- Sticky outsole for some testers
- Thin shoestrings
- Questionable durability of the foam
Can You Buy Tommy Paul’s Shoes?
Yes. They are available in pretty much every tennis store. Here are links from the New Balance store on Amazon.
Read Also: Tommy Paul Racquet – What Does He Use?