WE LOVE TENNIS <3
Stefanos Tsitsipas is one of the best tennis players at the moment. He made his way to the Top 10 with great wins in the ATP tour. He is a Grand Slam and 1000 Masters finalist and he won the ATP Finals in 2019 as the youngest winner ever.
in August 2021, he has reached a career-high ranking of no. 3 in the world becoming the highest-ranked Greek player in history.
Stefanos has an aggressive baseline style and is capable of producing powerful shots and generating loads of topspin in his shots. In addition, he likes to use topspin to throw his opponents out of the court.
His height and technique help him serve consistently with speed and precision.
On the net, he is skilled than most players and has a great volley percentage.
Surely, Stefanos Tsitsipas is one the most challenging players to beat right now even for the Big 3.
So, what equipment does Stefanos Tsitsipas use to produce his magnificent tennis on the court?
What is Stefanos Tsitsipas Racquet?
Stefanos Tsitsipas plays with a prostock Wilson Blade 98 18×20 tennis racquet.
It is the newest version of the famous Wilson Blade 98, one of the best racquets in terms of control and feel.
- The low stiffness score indicates a supreme level of precision in this racquet, making players accurate in baseline strokes and net play. In addition, the racquet is much more flexible than previous versions but without losing its stability in the hand.
- The racquet features the patented technology called FORTYFIVE° to increase flexibility and stability without compromising power. It produces more connected-to-the-ball feel while better complementing the more modern, vertical swing path.
- The string pattern 18×20 used by players like Tsitsipas, Goffin or Khachanov, increases the strings durability and creates a stiffer feedback for improved precision and touch.
- Braided Graphite + Basalt composition improves the flex of the racquet to produce enhanced feel and control.
- The racquet had an upgraded look with shades of green and copper.
Overall, the eighth iteration of the Wilson Blade 98 18×20 is the perfect racquet for players seeking precision, quick changing of directions, the ability to generate topspin, and outstanding net play. This is what Tsitsipas does on a tennis court with this racquet.
Wilson Blade 98 18×20 v8
|Head size||98in / 632.26cm|
|Length||27in / 68.58cm|
|Unstrung weight||10.8oz / 305g|
|Strung weight||11.4oz / 323g|
|String Tension||50 – 60lbs|
|Balance||4 Pts Head Light|
Stefanos Tsitsipas Tennis Shoes
Stefanos Tsitsipas current tennis shoes are the Adidas Barricade. He recently switched from the SoleCourt Boost model.
The current Barricades are one of the most stable and comfortable tennis shoes out there. Here are their key features.
- The upper of the shoe is made from 50% high-performance recycled materials called Primegreen. It is flexible and comes with an intuitive lacing system that helps the tongue mold the shape of your feet. Not everyone liked these features and there have been some complaints.
- The midsole of the shoe comes with BOUNCE lightweight cushioning, for comfort and great support.
- A TPU midfoot shank keeps every step comfortable and stable and gives you torsional protection.
- The outsole is made from Adiwear rubber compound for durability and controlled traction. The modified herringbone pattern helps to withstand abrasion and to facilitate sliding on hard courts, which has become the standard today.
Overall, this shoe remains a worthy option, especially for players with wider feet. They are good for stability and comfort and a tad lighter (14.2oz) than the previous Barricades.
What Strings Does Stefanos Tsitsipas Play With?
Tsitsipas plays with Luxilon 4G 125mm/16L racquet strings.
The copolymer monofilament strings have a nice response and are cushioned to offer comfort on the hands.
The Luxilon 4G is a versatile string giving the player the ability to either play flat or generate loads of topspin for a modern style of play.
This improved version of the Luxilon adds more durability to the strings and less maintenance of the tension.
Can You Buy Tsitsipas Gear?
Stefanos Tsitsipas has some good choices for his tennis equipment. For example, the Wilson Blade 98 racquet is a star among Tour players and is used by many of them.
If you are interested to try an item or two from his playing gear, we have identified the lowest prices on the market right now.
|Wilson Blade 98 18×20||SEE PRICE HERE|
|Adidas Barricade||SEE PRICE HERE|
|Luxilon 4G 125mm/16L||SEE PRICE HERE|
Please note that we get a small commission from purchases through the links 🙂
Read Also: Daniil Medvedev Tennis Gear