WE LOVE TENNIS <3
Novak Djokovic needs no introduction. The Serb is arguably the greatest tennis player of all time.
He is holding lots of unbreakable records that would stand for years to come. Here is a few:
- Most weeks as world no. 1 in the ATP rankings
- Most Masters 1000 titles
- Most Grand Slam finals
- Most Grand Slams on hardcourt
- Most Australian Open titles
- Won all Masters 1000 titles (twice)
- The only player to defeat Nadal twice in Roland Garros
And the list goes on for Djokovic’s historic achievements.
On the court, he is regarded as the most athletic player on the circuit. Novak has incredible footwork and he is always early to catch the ball in perfect position.
One reason for his remarkable agility is the shoes he uses. What Does he use?
Novak Djokovic currently plays with the Asics Court FF2 tennis shoes.
Novak Djokovic Shoe Specs
Also used by Croatian Borna Coric, the Asics Court FF2 shoes are among the best tennis shoes anyone can buy.
- The shoes are famous for being comfortable and supportive for all movements. They are also relatively heavy with 14.7oz for a 10.5 men’s size.
- The upper is a combined TPU and mesh with a sock-like design for a good fit and better stability. It is also breathable and comfortable.
- The midsole consists of Flytefoam that offers superb cushioning and support for the heels.
- The midfoot comes with Trusstic System technology that adds rigidity and prevents unnecessary twisting of the feet.
- The outsole is a solid AHAR Plus rubber with a modified herringbone tread pattern to provide excellent traction and sliding on all courts. It is also particularly performant on hard courts. You can notice how great Djokovic moves and slides on cement.
Novak Djokovic Shoe Review
The Asics Court FF2 is great on clay courts and outstanding on hard courts. Here are the pros and cons of Novak Djokovic’s shoes.
- The shoes feel heavy and stable on the court, they fit perfectly with the mono-sock liner and the size is correct.
- Little to no break-in is required to wear the shoes.
- Plenty of cushioning for every foot part. They are very comfortable and responsive for baseliners.
- Ample room in the toe box for smooth easy movements.
- Thin strings, do tend to cut in the eyelets.
- Plastic upper, some find it not breathable enough.
Djokovic’s Partnership With Asics
Before 2018, Novak Djokovic tennis shoes were from Adidas:
|Adidas CC Feather III||2008|
|Adidas CC Genius Novak||2009-2011|
On 11-01-2018, Japanese manufacturer Asics announced a new partnership with the reigning World no.1 at that time, Novak Djokovic.
The Serb was introduced to The Gel Resolution footwear line.
Asics would further develop their technology with the feedback of Novak, to curate their shoes to meet the requirements of the ultimate tennis level.
“I’m thrilled to be partnering with ASICS. They have gone above and beyond to ensure the technology is the best and specific to my needs as a player, on the court. The light weight and support structures on the midfoot allow me to move quickly and ensure I have the right stability throughout my performance,”Novak Djokovic
After 2020, Novak Djokovic switched to the new line called Court FF.
These new shoes are crafted with the help of the player to correct issues and provide more stability, comfort, and agility, especially on hard courts, where Novak plays his best.