WE LOVE TENNIS <3
Nick Kyrgios can be considered the bad boy of tennis. His matches and his attitude on and off the courts are often controversial and hot-tempered for a supposed professional tennis player.
However, when it comes to raw pure talent, he is the man. Nick has superb tennis skills that make him challenge the Top 10 players and beat regularly.
Many believe that Nick underperformed in his career and I am one of them. Nick has all the skills and experience to win big titles like Masters and Grand Slams, provided that he put all his physical and mental efforts into it.
However, he lacks at times the discipline and the will to go far in tournaments and achieve special awards in tennis.
We have seen Nick Kyrgios upset Top players so many times and he is the only player to win in his first match against all the Big 3 (Nadal, Federer, and Djokovic).
Nick finally made the headline of a major event after winning the Australian Open 2022 for doubles with his fellow countryman Thanasi Kokkinakis.
He also played the Wimbledon 2022 final and lost to Novak Djokovic.
On the court, he is a versatile and aggressive tennis player. He has the flair and the skills to improvise and please the crowd with sensational shots. Moreover, he is capable of serving at 135-140mph and playing powerful groundstrokes.
So, to produce his amazing tennis, what equipment does Nick use?
Nick Kyrgios’s tennis gear is:
- Racquet: Yonex EZONE 98 (paintjob with a Xi 98 mold)
- Strings: Yonex POLYTOUR Pro 17/1.20 Yellow
- Shoes: Nike Air Zoom Vapor Pro
- Bag: Yonex Pro Racquet 12 Pack Deep Blue
Nick Kyrgios Racquet
Kyrgios plays with the Yonex EZONE 98 2022. It is reported that he still uses an older mold, which is the Yonex Xi 98.
This is the 7th generation of one of the most spin-friendly Yonex racquets. It is designed for slightly advanced players or professionals like Denis Shapovalov, to provide comfort and controllable power.
Also, the racquet got stiffer and more lightweight than previous models.
Just like any Yonex, the ISOMETRIC design increases the sweet spot of the racquet by 7%, giving better control.
Moreover, the racquet features a Vibration Dampening Mesh (VDM) wrapped around graphite to provide more stability.
The shaft comes with a rounded shape to offer better flex and more spin and directional control. The variations and the angles are easier to find with this racquet.
Overall, this racquet is one of the best when it comes to spin, feel and control. With adequate strings, it suits Kyrgios’s aggressive and all-around playstyle.
Kyrgios Racquet Specs
|Head size||98 in² / 632.26 cm²|
|Length||27in / 68.58cm|
|Unstrung weight||10.8oz / 305g|
|Strung weight||11.4oz / 323g|
|String Tension||45-60 lbs|
|Balance||6 pts HL|
Nick Kyrgios Racquet Strings
According to Yonex official website, Nick Kyrgios strings his racquet with the Yonex POLY TOUR Pro 17/1.20.
He uses 54 lbs in tension.
The Polytour Pro 17 is a polyester string that is soft and spin-friendly. You get a good bite with the thin strings and the frame is great for ball pocketing.
In addition, this string provides a good feel and comfort, especially with tensions between 45 and 60lbs.
A player like Nick Kyrgios, which is one of the fastest swingers on the tour, needs more feel and comfort to get a good balance as he already generates power and speed himself.
Aggressive big hitters love this string for the spin potential and the control it offers. The Polytour Pro 17/1.20 is also durable and awesome for tension maintenance.
Nick Kyrgios Tennis Shoes
Nick Kyrgios tennis shoes are the Nike Air Zoom Vapor Pro.
This Nike shoe is famous for its speed and agility. Players like Andrey Rublev and Denis Shapovalov use it.
It is on the lightweight side with 12.9 ounces for a 10.5 size.
- The shoe provides great traction, necessary for a quick change of direction and improvisation.
- The Vapor Pro wraps the feet very well, not leaving room for inside movements. The toe guard is very efficient at protecting the toes when sliding.
- The upper is durable and breathable with an added second layer of solid mesh.
- The midsole is an Air Zoom unit offering a responsive and shock-absorbent foam under the heels. The shoe is also filled with plenty of cushioning and an extended stiff lateral frame for torsional stability.
- The outsole is designed offers an optimal level of traction allowing Nick to slide on all courts effectively like he always does.
Overall, this is a great shoe for any tennis player looking for speed, agility, and seamless sliding.
Nick Kyrgios Tennis Bag
Kyrgios carries the Yonex Pro Racquet 12 Pack Deep Blue bag.
The bag has a maximum capacity of 12 racquets. The dimensions are 31″ x 15″ x 15″.
The main features of Kyrgios’s bag are as follows.
- 4 compartments with two featuring thermo-guard technology to protect the racquets from high temperatures
- Spacy compartment for bigger items in the middle
- 2 exterior zippered pockets for small items and accessories.
- Padded and adjustable straps for comfort and convenience.
- Elegant and vibrant two tone colors
Overall, this is a solid and very resistant tennis bag especially with metallic reinforcement to maintain the shape.
Read Also: Alex De Minaur’s Tennis Gear