WE LOVE TENNIS <3
Caring for your pair of tennis shoes will make them last longer than expected. Plus, it is essential to wear shiny clean shoes to perform the best on the tennis court.
In this article, We will show you little tips to take care of your tennis shoes and stretch their duration.
It happens mainly on clay courts. Dirt particles stick in the outsole tread and on the upper fabric or TPU mesh.
This may cause a lack of ventilation and losing grip hence enduring the risk of slipping on the court.
Make sure to shake them nicely by hitting one another to remove stuck dirt in the mesh holes and in the treads.
You can also remove clay using a wipe or a brush. Doing it after every match is essential to keep your shoes at peak performance.
Wash Your Tennis Shoes Regularly
Just like normal sneakers, your tennis shoes need some washing every few weeks. We recommend hand washing to make them last longer.
Nevertheless, here are the main steps to follow.
- Remove the laces
- Clean the insoles separately with baking soda
- Remove dirt with a soft brush and heavy-duty detergent
- Rinse and dry for two days
Avoid Machine Washing When Possible
Using a dishwasher or a washing machine to clean your tennis shoes is not recommended for the following reasons.
- Most tennis shoes have a mesh fabric in the upper, which can get torn up and break the shoes entirely.
- The outsole rubber is exposed to abrasion due to repeated friction, which can rub out the tread pattern and make the shoes less grippy and useless.
- The machine drum is at risk of damage.
Let Them Rest
Yes, just like the human body, tennis shoes also need some rest.
This helps decompress the foam located in the midsole so that it restores its initial support and its energy return level.
If you play tennis daily, we advise you to have at least another pair of shoes to rotate with.
Applying these small tips will make your shoes last longer than their expected lifetime. You will be wearing clean shoes to the court and save a few bucks on the next pair.