WE LOVE TENNIS <3
What an ugly feeling to wear your new pair of tennis shoes, only to find them squeaky making annoying noises with each step.
Sometimes it happens in specific models, but in general, this is an exception happening to your single pair and is caused by an exceptional factory malfunction.
In this article, we will talk you through the most effective solutions to stop your tennis shoes from squeaking at every step.
Why Do Tennis Shoes Squeak?
The reason is that air bubbles trapped inside the midsole or the insole, rub against the upper materials, releasing annoying sounds.
Sometimes it is the rubber of the outsole that sticks a little too much on hard courts, which traps the air bubbles and makes them squeak.
Solutions to Fix Squeaky Tennis Shoes
1. Drying Method
It is important to get rid of the moisture trapped inside the midsole and the insole. It might be the reason why your tennis shoes squeak annoyingly.
Here are the steps:
- Take out the insole and
- Wipe the underside of the insole and the inside bottom of the shoe with a dryer sheet or a newspaper.
- Powder the insides of the shoes using baby powder
- Place the insole back and try
If that didn’t work out for you, try the following method.
2. Lubricate the insole
Your tennis shoes crying out at each step also means it needs some lubrication.
Some natural or artificial products are great lubricants. Apply them to fix areas that might be the reason for squeaking.
- Use coconut oil for the back of the insole or the orthotic insert.
- Use a thin layer of petroleum jelly (Vaseline) on the inside of the shoe
- Rub some saddle soap or leather conditioner on the tongue
3. WD-40 Spray
This is probably the end-game method. The WD-40 multi-use spray drives moisture and air out the shoe parts.
In addition, it lubricates the components and frees sticky mechanisms that can cause unwanted sounds.
How to use:
- Remove the insole
- Spray to cover the entire insole area
- Leave to dry for 1 or 2 days
- Insert the insole and enjoy
Most people have confirmed that this was the most effective method to get rid of squeaking.
Tennis Shoes That Might Squeak
Some tennis shoe models are reported to squeak by the users at some point. Either fresh or after some tennis hours, they start to cry out, especially on hard courts.
Here are the affected models:
- Asics Gel Resolution 8
- Adidas CourtJam Bounce
- Nike GP Turbo