WE LOVE TENNIS <3
What Is Felix Auger-Aliassime Tennis Gear? (Racquet, Strings & Shoes)
Felix Auger Aliassime is a Canadian rising star in tennis. He is along with his friend Denis Shapovalov are the future and the hope of Canadian tennis.
His game has improved over the years to reach a current maximum in 2022 when he finally claimed his first ATP title in Rotterdam to sit in the number 9 spot in the ATP rankings.
Felix had a great run in 2022 winning 4 ATP titles and 3 in a row.
So, to produce a great level on the circuit, what does Felix Auger Aliassime use for his tennis gear?
Felix Auger-Aliassime’s Racquet
Felix Auger Aliassime plays with the Babolat Pure Aero VS racquet.
The Babolat VS is a more control-oriented racquet than the Pure Aero. It is destined for players who need more spin and precision in their game, with a 16×20 strings pattern.
The racquet comes with FSI SPIN technology, which is an open string pattern offering longer contact with the ball on the impact. The WOOFER SYSTEM provides maximum spin with great feeling and superior control.
Another great feature of the racquet is the vibration dampening incorporated in the racquet. A material called Cortex is integrated into the graphite of the racquet to provide a good feel and a better sound.
Felix says the Babolat Pure Aero VS is the perfect balance between power and precision.
|Head size||100 in² / 645.16 cm²|
|Length||27in / 68.58cm|
|Unstrung weight||10.6 oz / 300 g|
|Strung Weight||11.2oz / 317g|
|String Tension||50-59 lbs|
|Balance||4 pts HL / 12.99in|
Felix Auger-Aliassime’s Racquet Strings?
Felix Auger-Aliassime likes to string his racquet with the Babolat RPM Rough 16/1.30 at 23 to 25kgs (51 to 55 lbs).
This is also a classic co-poly just like his brother the RPM Blast.
The difference consists of the form of the RPM Rough coming in an octagonal shape with a special cross-linked silicone coating providing more grip.
The RPM Rough with the 16/1.30mm gauge is somewhat softer than the standard RPM strings and provides extra power, without sacrificing too much spin.
It is also a durable piece of racquet strings and will last a few games more than average strings.
Overall, Felix likes the combo it makes with the Babolat Pure Aero racquet, providing him with power and topspin for his serves and groundstrokes.
Felix Auger-Aliassime’s Tennis Shoes?
Felix wears the Adidas Barricade tennis shoes on the court.
They are the most stable and comfortable tennis shoes out there.
- The upper of the shoe is made from 50% high-performance recycled materials called Primegreen. It is flexible and comes with an intuitive lacing system that helps the tongue mold the shape of your feet. Not everyone liked these features and there have been some complaints.
- The midsole of the shoe comes with BOUNCE lightweight cushioning, for comfort and great support.
- A TPU midfoot shank keeps every step comfortable and stable and gives you torsional protection.
- The outsole is made from Adiwear rubber compound for durability and adequate traction. The modified herringbone pattern helps to resist abrasion and to ease sliding on hard courts, which has become the standard nowadays.
Overall, this shoe remains a decent option, especially for those with wider feet. They are good for stability and comfort and a tad lighter (14.2oz) than the previous Barricades.
Felix Auger-Aliassime’s Tennis Bag
Felix’s tennis bag is the Babolat Pure Aero 12 Pack bag with black and yellow colors.
It has a modern and fierce look to match the Aero racquets line colors. It is one of the best tennis bags out there with plenty of features for maximum comfort and convenience.
The main features of Felix’s bag are:
- Three main compartments, one with isothermal protection to preserve the string tension.
- Maximum capacity of 12 racquets
- Ventilated pocket for shoes or wet clothes
- Molded side pocket for fragile items
- New and bigger openings for better access
- Padded and adjustable backpack straps and grab handles
Overall, Babolat bags are known for their solidity, endurance, and convenience and this one will meet any player’s expectations.
Read Also: Jannik Sinner’s Tennis Gear