WE LOVE TENNIS <3
Felix Auger Aliassime is a Canadian rising star in tennis. He is along with his friend Denis Shapovalov are the future and the hope of Canadian tennis.
His game has improved over the years to reach a current maximum in 2022 when he finally claimed his first ATP title in Rotterdam to sit in the number 9 spot in the ATP rankings.
Although he lost 9 finals in the ATP tour, Felix still has a margin of improvement and he is surely going to be a contender for big titles in the upcoming years.
So, to produce a great level on the circuit, what does Felix Auger Aliassime use for his tennis gear?
What Is Felix Auger-Aliassime’s Racquet?
Felix Auger Aliassime plays with the Babolat Pure Aero racquet.
It is a legendary racquet and a tennis classic used for a long time by the legend Rafael Nadal.
The Babolat Pure Aero was the first racquet designed specifically for spin, as it was back in 2003 the future of modern tennis.
The racquet feature AEROMODULAR 3 technology combining an aerodynamic frame with the bumper and the grommets to create a good bite on the ball hence, more spin.
Babolat signature FSI Spin technology consists of optimal spacing between the strings to create a longer contact time with the ball and to help for a greater spin and superior control.
Babolat uses the Cortex Pure Feel technology in the sides of the racquet in the graphite material to give a better vibration dampening and a pure feel with a sweet hitting sound.
The Pure Aero is used by pros like Rafa or Felix to create impossible angles and throw their opponents off the court with ease. It is also a good choice of a racquet to throw heavy balls leading to unforced errors.
Overall, this is the classic choice of every beginner to professional tennis player looking for control in terms of power and precision.
Felix’s Racquet Specs
|Head size||100 in² / 645.16 cm²|
|Length||27in / 68.58cm|
|Unstrung weight||10.6 oz / 300 g|
|Strung Weight||11.2oz / 317g|
|String Tension||50-59 lbs|
|Balance||4 pts HL / 12.99in|
What Are Felix Auger-Aliassime’s Racquet Strings?
Felix Auger-Aliassime likes to string his racquet with the Babolat RPM Rough 16/1.30 Spin Max in yellow color.
This is also a classic co-poly just like his brother the RPM Blast. The difference consists of the form of the RPM Rough coming in an octagonal shape with a special cross-linked silicone coating.
The RPM Rough with the 16/1.30mm gauge is somewhat softer than the standard RPM strings and provides extra power, without sacrificing too much spin.
It is also a durable piece of racquet strings and will last a few games more than average strings.
Overall, Felix likes the combo it makes with the Babolat Pure Aero racquet, providing him with power and topspin for his serves and groundstrokes.
What Are Felix Auger-Aliassime’s Tennis Shoes?
Felix wears the Adidas Barricade tennis shoes on the court.
They are of the most stable and comfortable tennis shoes out there.
- The upper of the shoe is made from 50% high-performance recycled materials called Primegreen. It is flexible and comes with an intuitive lacing system that helps the tongue to mold the shape of your feet. Not everyone liked this features and there has been some complains.
- The midsole of the shoe comes with BOUNCE lightweight cushioning, for comfort and great support.
- A TPU midfoot shank keeps every step comfortable and stable, and gives you torsional protection.
- The outsole is made from Adiwear rubber compound for durability and adequate traction. The modified herringbone pattern helps to resist the abrasion and to ease sliding on hard courts, which has become the standard nowadays.
Overall, this shoe remains a decent option, especially for those with wider feet. They are good for stability and comfort and a tad lighter (14.2oz) than the previous Barricades.
What Is Felix Auger-Aliassime’s Tennis Bag?
Felix’s tennis bag is the Babolat Pure Aero 12 Pack bag with black and yellow colors.
It has a modern and fierce look to match the Aero racquets line colors. It is one of the best tennis bags out there with plenty of features for maximum comfort and convenience.
The main features of Felix’s bag are:
- Three main compartments, one with isothermal protection to preserve the string tension.
- Maximum capacity of 12 racquets
- Ventilated pocket for shoes or wet clothes
- Molded side pocket for fragile items
- New and bigger openings for better access
- Padded and adjustable backpack straps and grab handles
Overall, Babolat bags are known for their solidity, endurance, and convenience and this one will meet any player’s expectations.
Read Also: Jannik Sinner’s Tennis Gear