WE LOVE TENNIS <3
Dominic has always been a threat to the top players proving to be a serious contender in each tournament he enters.
But in 2023, everyone wonders whether Dominic can return to his previous best as he seems to struggle so much with his wrist injury. We miss peak-Thiem on the Tour.
He is a very athletic player that moves a lot on the court, playing shots in almost every possible position.
He often fires shots on the jump or when sliding and that’s why he needs demanding shoes in terms of grip, comfort, energy return, and overall support.
Dominic Thiem currently wears Adidas Barricade tennis shoes on the court.
Dominic Thiem Shoe Overview
As of the beginning of 2023, he switched to the Adidas Barricade like Tsitsipas or Auger-Aliassime.
The Barricade is one of the most comfortable and stable shoes for tennis right now. They offer a good bounce as well and great foot protection and lateral stability.
Thiem’s game relies on speed and powerful shots. So he needs to be in a perfect position to hit flawless strokes and recover from difficult positions.
Here are the main features of this shoe.
- The upper is made from 50% high-performance recycled materials called Primegreen. It is flexible and comes with a new system that helps the tongue mold the shape of your feet.
- The midsole of the shoe incorporates BOUNCE lightweight cushioning technology, for comfort and prodigious shock absorption.
- A TPU midfoot shank keeps every step comfortable and stable and gives you torsional stability and prevention from foot injuries.
- The outsole is made with Adiwear rubber compound that brings durability and superb grip. A modified herringbone pattern withstands abrasion.
Overall, the Adidas Barricade shoes are a good option for stability, comfort and mainly durability.
Dominic Thiem Previous Shoes
Dominic Thiem used to wear a custom-made tennis shoe based on:
- The upper of the Adidas SoleCourt Boost
- The midsole and the outsole of the Adidas CourtJam Bounce
SoleCourt Boost Contribution
It offers protection and supreme fit and cushioning especially the V shape around the Achilles tendon and the wide toe box, which must probably be ideal for Dominic.
The forefoot and the midfoot are reinforced and attached to the midsole. This gives more stability and better foot wrapping if you move a lot.
CourtJam Bounce Contribution
While the Boost foam in the SoleCourt shoe gives you tremendous shock absorption and support, it lacks energy return compared to the Bounce midsole.
In fact, The Bounce midsole in the CourtJam gives you more pop and better performance, which is necessary to recover quickly and gain precious milliseconds.
Another winning aspect of the CoutJam Bounce is the reliable and performant outsole. It is a softer rubber with a combination of different tread patterns that provides controlled traction on all courts and awesome grip and durability.