WE LOVE TENNIS <3
A big deciding factor in choosing your perfect tennis bag is to look for one with the same brand as your racquet.
It is normal to get Yonex bags for players with Yonex racquets. And the same goes for Head.
In this article, we will identify the five best Head tennis bags to buy based on convenience, comfort, space, and durability.
HEAD Radical 12R Monstercombi Tennis Bag
This is a bestseller bag from Head.
The Radical Monstercombi 12R bag is endorsed by numerous professionals like Diego Schwartzman, Taylor Fritz, and Sloane Stephens.
The first thing that strikes the eyes is the amazing Radical cosmetics with salmon, grey, and black colors. Add it to the modern edgy shape and you get a premium look and feel.
The Radical 12R Monstercombi offers 2 main racquet compartments, one of which features Head’s Climate Control Technology CCT to keep the racquets protected against temperatures changes.
The middle compartment is roomy and opens with a U-shaped zipper, that gives you easy access to all your gear either, racquets, towels, clothes, snacks, bottles, and so on.
This bag has two convenient accessory pockets on both sides and a shoe tunnel underneath.
You can carry it in a backpack-style using the padded and adjustable straps, and also with the help of two grab handles one on the top and the other on the side in a duffle bag-like style.
The materials contain Polyester and nylon that bring resistance, durability, and a quality feel.
Overall, we cannot praise this bag enough. It has everything you need in a 12-racquet tennis bag, including lots of space, comfort, great design, and modern colors.
|Dimensions||31″ x 13″ x 17″ – 79cm x 34cm x 44cm|
- Solid, durable, and sleek modern design
- Lots of space and well-thought compartments
- CCT technology in one pocket that holds up to 5 racquets
- The ventilation holes in the middle compartment and the shoe pocket
- 3 ways of carrying the bag
- The grab handle at the top allows you to hang the bag to avoid putting it on the ground.
- The straps are attached to the bottom. You have only one way to wear it.
HEAD Rebel Tennis Backpack
This is a great backpack to carry 2 racquets on the go.
Along with the eye-catchy design, this backpack is so good in offering loads of space and comfort.
It has a racquet compartment for no more than 2 racquets.
The main compartment is accessible from the top and can receive items like towels, clothes, bands, sunglasses, and so on.
You will find a pretty large accessory pocket perfect for grips, strings, handles covers, dampeners, and more.
A shoe tunnel is located at the bottom of the bag and has a ventilation hole.
At the sides, you’ll find two big accessory pockets that can also hold bottles and ball cans.
The backpack is padded on the back and on the straps for comfort and convenience.
Overall, the Head Rebel tennis backpack would be a great pick, especially if you’re looking for something premium and durable.
|Dimensions||12″ x 10″ x 19″ – 30cm x 48cm x 25cm|
- Sturdy, durable, and good-looking
- Great shape and loads of pocket with enough space
- Ventilated shoe tunnel
- The zippers stay in place near the racquet handles
- Two big side pockets for bottles, cans, or accessories
- Racquet handles are not covered
- The main compartment could’ve been arranged with separators
- No thermal protection
HEAD Tour Team 9R Supercombi Tennis Racquet Bag
Head’s design for the racquet bag has evolved by gaining experience throughout the years. They have pushed the limits and nowadays they offer modern-looking tennis bags offering space, comfort, and top performance.
The Head Tour Team 9R Supercombi is one of the best value tennis bags you can buy. It is a best-seller for a reason!
For a starting price of $69, you get:
- Two main compartments, one of which has Climate Control Technology (CCT+) and can carry up to 6 or 7 racquets alone.
- A mesh pocket inside the second main compartment is perfect for strings, dampeners, overwraps…
- Large accessory pocket with decent space
- Padded shoulder straps and a grab handle
Overall, this is a great choice for club players who want to carry a fair amount of racquets and gear without breaking the bank.
|Dimensions||31″ x 13″ x 14″ – 73cm x 18cm x 33cm|
- Sturdy and durable
- Climate control protection in the main compartment
- Great price for a bag this size
- No shoe tunnel for a 9-pack bag
HEAD Gravity 12R Duffel Bag
You don’t need to like tennis duffel bags to fall in love with the Head Gravity 12R bag.
It is the ideal choice for the ultimate tennis competitor and traveler, endorsed by pros like Zverev or Rublev.
The main racquet compartment is located on the front and it features Climate Control Technology (CCT) to protect everything from rough weather conditions.
The main duffel-style compartment is large and has customizable dividers with a Velcro system. You will find 2 accessory pockets inside, one of which is a mesh pocket.
A shoe tunnel with a ventilation hole is located on one bottom end. On the other end, there is another accessory pocket perfect for smaller items like keys, wallets, phones, sunglasses, and so on.
To carry the bag, you can use the grab handle or the straps to carry it in backpack style.
What I like about this model, is the ability to use it as a tennis tournament bag, or as a normal gym or travel bag. In addition, the black color is sleek and premium along with the Gravity cosmetics.
|Dimensions||31″ x 20″ x 14″ – 79cm x 35cm x 50cm|
- Great design and choice of colors
- Padded from all sides and sturdy. Can take a beating.
- Loads of space for 12 racquets and everything you need on the court
- Climate control technology on one racquet compartment
- Versatile. Can be used for a travel bag or a gym bag.
- The ability to arrange the main compartment with Velcro dividers to separate clean and dirty gear
- Top-notch durability
- The shoulder straps are not padded enough like the rest of the bag
Foot Doctor Zach does a great review for this bag and I want to thank him for the insights.
HEAD Tour Team Backpack
The Head Tour Team Backpack is praised within the tennis community for being convenient and durable.
This backpack has lots of cool features that make it our personal pick in this curated list.
To begin with, a racquet compartment can carry two racquets. And the best thing is that it comes with a special lining cover for the handles, a feature that is not available even in more expensive models like the Gravity or the Rebel backpacks.
In addition, the zippers hold tight to avoid the racquets moving while you’re on the go.
You can stow all your other gear like towels, clothes, snacks, and so on in a fairly large main compartment.
There is an accessory pocket on the front for all your small bits like a phone, wallet, and glasses. And you find mesh bottle holders on both sides.
And on top of that, the backpack has a shoe tunnel on the bottom
Overall, this is a practical and well-designed rucksack-style bag to carry all your lightweight gear to the court after work or school.
|Dimensions||21″ x 8″ x 13″ – 53cm x 20cm x 33cm|
- Great value for the price
- Cover for the racquet handles and tight zippers
- Decent space
- Dedicated shoe tunnel
- Durable and practical
- Lacks some padding on the back and on the shoulder straps
- No ventilation hole in the shoe tunnel