WE LOVE TENNIS <3
Ben Shelton is a young American tennis talent. He is a part of a promising generation with players like Korda, Tiafoe, Wolf, Paul, Nakashima, and many others competing for titles and higher rankings.
Ben is following the path of his father Bryan Shelton, a former tennis player with a successful career as well. He is already a Top 100 player and could rank even higher after a superb Australian Open in 2023.
On the court, he moves very fast and has brilliant footwork that allows him to hit clean groundstrokes from the baseline and transfer quickly into the net.
Ben Shelton currently plays with New Balance FuelCell 996v4.5 tennis shoes.
Shelton Tennis Shoe Specs
Despite news about him signing a contract with the footwear brand ON Roger, Ben is wearing New Balance shoes at the Australian Open 2023.
Today many players on the tennis circuit trust and wear New Balance shoes, such as Americans Cori Gauff and Tommy Paul.
Ben Shelton has also made the switch from the RF Nike Air Zoom Vapor X, probably looking for something lighter and faster.
The updated FuelCell 996v4.5 shoes are lightweight, comfortable, and highly performant. Here are the main features of these shoes.
- The upper is lightweight and made from hypoknit mesh, which provides breathability and flexibility.
- The midsole features the NB signature Fuelcell technology for cushioning and support under the feet.
- The outsole is made from Ndurance rubber offering great traction, easy sliding, and 6 months of durability guaranteed.
Shelton Tennis Shoe Review
Comfort, breathability, and quick rebounds are the top features of this shoe. Nevertheless, it does not lack comfort, stability, or support for the arch and the other foot parts.
- Good fit
- Well-padded in all corners
- Stable and comfortable right out of the box
- Durable materials in the upper and the outsole
- No break-in required
- Many colors to choose from
- The tongue might cut into the ankle
- Some players find it tight around the ankle
Read Also: Ben Shelton Racquet – Details & Specs