WE LOVE TENNIS <3
Belarusian star Aryna Sabalenka has proven to be a worthy tennis competitor for big titles and the highest rankings.
She is a baseliner and her style is based on powerful winning groundstrokes. She also possesses one of the most powerful serves on WTA with up to 124mph/194kph in speed.
Her achievements are already speaking for themselves with 10 WTA singles titles and 2 Grand Slam titles in doubles. Aryna has accumulated almost $10 million in prize money and has reached a career-high ranking of No.2 in the world at the age of 23.
So, to produce her aggressive and high-level play, what is Aryna Sabalenka’s tennis gear?
Aryna Sabalenka’s Racquet
Aryna Sabalenka plays with the Wilson Blade v8 with the 18×20 frame.
This racquet is endorsed by pros like Stefanos Tsitsipas looking for power and control at the same time.
It is the newest version of the famous Wilson Blade 98, one of the best racquets in terms of control and feel.
- The low stiffness indicates a high level of precision in this racquet, making players accurate in baseline strokes and net play. In addition, the racquet is more flexible than previous versions but without losing much of stability.
- The racquet features the Wilson technology FORTYFIVE° to increase flexibility and stability without compromising power. It produces more connected-to-the-ball feel while better complementing the more modern, vertical swing path.
- The string pattern 18×20 used by players like Tsitsipas, Goffin or Khachanov, increases the strings durability and offers a stiffer feedback for improved precision and touch.
- Braided Graphite + Basalt composition improves the flex of the racquet to give a softer feel and more responsiveness.
Overall, this racquet is fine for players looking for precision, and power along with high topspin potential. It suits Sabalenka’s game very well.
Sabalenka’s racquet specs
|Head size||98in / 632.26cm|
|Length||27in / 68.58cm|
|Unstrung weight||10.8oz / 305g|
|Strung weight||11.4oz / 323g|
|String Tension||50 – 60lbs|
|Balance||4 Pts Head Light|
What Strings Does Aryna Sabalenka Use?
Aryna Sabalenka strings her racquet with a blend of:
- Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power 16/125 in the mains
- Luxilon Ace 18/112 in the crosses.
This is an interesting choice because Aryna can generate lots of power with her swing, so she is looking for more control and a better feel. The Luxilon strings are the right choice for that.
The Big Banger Alu Power 125 main strings are designed to offer speed and pace by having a thicker gauge. They are also stiff and harder on the hands but have a massive speed and power potential. They are the choice of numerous pros on the Tour like Raducanu, Gauff, Kvitova, and so on.
As for the Big Banger Ace 112 cross strings, Aryna feels she needs a softer impact with more feel. The 18-gauge co-poly pockets the ball nicely and helps you generate massive topspin. Moreover, they are more flexible and durable in the long run.
Overall, we see an interesting choice of strings by Aryna, which is logical to have a perfect blend between power, speed, and comfort.
(We couldn’t find a trusted link to The Big Banger Ace 112 strings).
What Are Sabalenka’s Tennis Shoes?
Sabalenka’s tennis shoes are the Nike React Vapor NXT.
This shoe is perfect for aggressive players who want speed, stability, and easier sliding on all courts.
The React Vapor NXT is the choice of big champions like Emma Raducanu, and Elina Svitolina.
- The upper of the React Vapor NXT is made from breathable materials combined with Nike Flyweave for a glove-like comfortable fit.
- The midsole features Nike React technology in the foam under the heels for added responsiveness and better support and foot alignment.
- A lateral stiff frame adds foot stability and prevents torsion, making it stable and secure.
- The outsole contains a modified herringbone tread pattern that prevents slippage on courts and offers adequate traction, while allowing easy sliding and recoveries especially on hard courts.
Overall, the Nike React Vapor NXT is perfect for an aggressive baseliner like Sabalenka looking for stability and support.
What Is Aryna Sabalenka’s Tennis Bag?
Sabalenka carries the Wilson Super Tour 15 Pack tennis bag on the Tour.
This is a classic choice of many pro players who use Wilson equipment. The main features of this bag are:
- Three racquet compartments with a capcity of 15 racquets
- Thermogard lining technology to protect the items against high temperatures
- Vented inside pocket for shoes and dirty clothes
- Two large side pockets for accesories
- Padded and adjustable straps and grab handles
Overall, this is a great bag for any tennis competitor, offering plenty of comfort and convenience.